YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: A Woodcliff Lake family of four was displaced by a fire that did significant damage to the side and master bedroom of their house last night. No injuries were reported.
The Werimus Road family was temporarily staying at the Woodcliff Lake Hilton until other arrangements could be made, borough Fire Chief Jared Shapiro said.
“We believe the fire started from the flue heating up over time from a wood burning heater,” Shapiro told CLIFFVIEW PILOT .
“The fire started between the first and 2nd floor of the residence and followed the flue pipe outside, causing both interior and exterior damage,” he said.
Members of the first arriving engine knocked down the blaze, the chief said.
Mutual aid was provided by Hillsdale, Montvale, Park Ridge and Westwood firefighters, as well as Triboro Ambulance, he said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.