WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- Students from Immaculate Heart Academy recently heard lectures from past graduates about different nonprofit fields.
The school hosted a panel of IHA women who work in various ministry and non-profit professions.
The April 15 event included,
- Debbie Emery, ’14, Director of Community Engagement at Bergen Volunteer Center
- Susan Gilfillan Visser, ’91, former Director of Strategic Programs/Initiatives at the Somerset Y and former of Veteran Services at Community Hope, Inc.
- Stacey Flanagan, ’90, Director of Health & Human Services for Jersey City
- Michele Hughes-Gray Hans, ’93, director of religious education, Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Oakland;
- Michele Weigl Beck, ’95, director of music ministry at St. Francis of Assisi Parish on Long Beach Island.
- Jasmine Urzo Travaline, ’03, teacher, campus minister and charity coordinator at Bergen Catholic High School
- Danielle Garrigan, ’06, event coordinator at Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy
- Janine Repka, ’06, manager of individual giving and special events for the Atlantic Theater Company
- Caitlin Seymour, ’06, youth minister at St. Anne’s Parish in Fair Lawn
Immaculate Heart Academy was founded in 1960 and is a college preparatory high school for young women.
The school is located at 500 Van Emburgh Ave., Washington Township.