WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- Students from Immaculate Heart Academy recently heard lectures from past graduates about different nonprofit fields.
The school hosted a panel of IHA women who work in various ministry and non-profit professions.
The April 15 event included,
- Debbie Emery, ’14, Director of Community Engagement at Bergen Volunteer Center
- Susan Gilfillan Visser, ’91, former Director of Strategic Programs/Initiatives at the Somerset Y and former of Veteran Services at Community Hope, Inc.
- Stacey Flanagan, ’90, Director of Health & Human Services for Jersey City
- Michele Hughes-Gray Hans, ’93, director of religious education, Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Oakland;
- Michele Weigl Beck, ’95, director of music ministry at St. Francis of Assisi Parish on Long Beach Island.
- Jasmine Urzo Travaline, ’03, teacher, campus minister and charity coordinator at Bergen Catholic High School
- Danielle Garrigan, ’06, event coordinator at Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy
- Janine Repka, ’06, manager of individual giving and special events for the Atlantic Theater Company
- Caitlin Seymour, ’06, youth minister at St. Anne’s Parish in Fair Lawn
Immaculate Heart Academy was founded in 1960 and is a college preparatory high school for young women.
The school is located at 500 Van Emburgh Ave., Washington Township.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.