YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: Fumes from a basement home heating oil spill of nearly 50 gallons forced five residents from a Washington Township home tonight after they were overcome by fumes.
All were evaluated by EMS workers at the Washington Avenue home and refused further treatment, responders told CLIFFVIEW PILOT .
The residents were spending the night at a brother-in-law’s home in the township until the cleanup from the delivery spill was complete, they said.
Responders just after 11:30 p.m. included the Bergen County Hazardous Materials Unit and EMS squads from the township, Westwood and Hillsdale.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.