YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: One firefighter broke his foot and another his ankle when the rear deck of a Montvale home collapsed last night after they’d doused a chimney fire.
The 76-year-old Jan Court homeowner also was treated for a head injury, Police Chief Jeremy Abrams told CLIFFVIEW PILOT this morning.
Six firefighters — including Fire Chief Clinton Miller — were on the second-floor deck when it gave way.
“They’d just finished handling the chimney fire and were packing up,” Abrams said.
The firefighter with the broken ankle remained overnight at The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, the chief said.
The one with the broken foot was among four who were released, he said. The sixth declined treatment.
The call came in at 8:37 p..m., Abrams said.
Three ambulances responded.
The mayor, police and Building Department were notified.
Inspectors this morning were headed to the home, which is right on the New York State border.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.