EMERSON, N.J.– Emerson officials issued violations to a local pet store owner who authorities said had 67 dogs crated in a van in the parking lot of another shop in Paramus.
According to an Emerson inspector's report, Vincent LoSacco's Just Pups location on Kinderkamack Road violated several ordinances:
- Unapproved plan for a constructed isolation room;
- No documentation of annual training by a veterinarian in infectious disease control including animal rabies control;
- No evidence or documentation of a veterinarian monitoring a disease control program;
- Unprovided vaccine prescriptions;
- Missing tile in the front display area.
Issues from previous inspections – Feb. 10, 22, 29 and March 3, 4 and 18 – were resolved, except for those offenses, Lamatina said.
LoSacco was given until April 18 to comply.
The inspector's report indicated that there were 23 dogs inside the store on Monday. A Daily Voice reporter counted 21 on Tuesday.
Since the news of the Paramus incident broke , Just Pups has been greeted by angry visitors who have made complaints and threats, said an employee who declined to identify herself.