EMERSON, N.J.– Emerson officials issued violations to a local pet store owner who authorities said had 67 dogs crated in a van in the parking lot of another shop in Paramus.
According to an Emerson inspector's report, Vincent LoSacco's Just Pups location on Kinderkamack Road violated several ordinances:
- Unapproved plan for a constructed isolation room;
- No documentation of annual training by a veterinarian in infectious disease control including animal rabies control;
- No evidence or documentation of a veterinarian monitoring a disease control program;
- Unprovided vaccine prescriptions;
- Missing tile in the front display area.
Issues from previous inspections – Feb. 10, 22, 29 and March 3, 4 and 18 – were resolved, except for those offenses, Lamatina said.
LoSacco was given until April 18 to comply.
The inspector's report indicated that there were 23 dogs inside the store on Monday. A Daily Voice reporter counted 21 on Tuesday.
Since the news of the Paramus incident broke , Just Pups has been greeted by angry visitors who have made complaints and threats, said an employee who declined to identify herself.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.