SHOUT OUT: Time is running out to register for the 2014 River Vale Junior Police Academy: The deadline is Oct. 10.
Registration is ONLINE ONLY : www.RiverValeNJ.org
The academy is open to River Vale residents in the 7th and 8th grades who will:
- Learn about computer crimes;
- Experience the intensity of a real raging fire;
- Learn how to investigate a crime scene — and lift fingerprints;
- See the effects of alcohol with “fatal vision” goggles;
- Tour the Bergen County police & fire academies;
- Meet and speak with jail or prison inmates;
- See a K9 Unit in action;
- and more….
Classes are expected to begin Oct. 20 at the Holdrum School and run about 10 weeks from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays.
1. Students must be in Grade 7 or Grade 8 and maintain a “C” average. Students who have below a “C” average may request a waiver. Contact: Detective Sgt. John DeVoe ( 201-664-2346, ext 1152 ).
2. Students must not have been arrested or referred to the Juvenile Conference Committee. Students having a conflict with this requirement may contact Sgt DeVoe.
3. Students must not be involved with any form of substance abuse (i.e., cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, etc.).
4. Attendance is mandatory in order to successfully complete the program. Certain exceptions may be made for conflicts in schedule — including but not limited to sports programs, school related functions, religious obligations, etc. Students may contact Sgt. DeVoe for further information regarding absences.
5. Students must complete all sections of the online application.
6. Parents/Guardians and students must complete the Hold Harmless Agreement in the application.
CLICK HERE for complete information: River Vale 2014 Junior Police Academy INFO SHEET
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.