Here's a look at the five stories that topped Bergen and Passaic county news this week:
- Peter "Pierce" Jarck, a Bergen County lacrosse club athlete, died early Sunday morning at his family's home in Rumson, located in Monmouth County.
- A 29-year-old Park Ridge man was in surgery after being deliberately run over by a Fair Lawn driver who then took off following a road-rage incident before dawn Saturday, borough authorities told Daily Voice.
- A state corrections officer from Lodi was charged with collecting images of child sex abuse while trying to arrange a tryst with what he thought was an 8-year-old girl.
- After a long and courageous battle with cancer, Jack Ryan Mattsson of Glen Rock died on Oct. 15. He was 20 years old.
- A trucking company dispatcher from Paterson was charged with throwing a Molotov-type cocktail through the window of the Fair Lawn Knights of Columbus building in June, authorities said Saturday.
Want more? Follow Daily Voice on Facebook.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.